Microsoft Senior Systems Engineer W/ Azure
Microsoft Senior Systems Engineer W/ Azure
Mon. – Fri. 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Vice President of Professional Services
The role of the Microsoft Senior Systems Engineer with Azure is to provide high quality, professional consulting services involving Microsoft server, operating and cloud systems. Experience deploying and working with automation and orchestration products, and leveraging Azure and VMware product
The consulting services will entail assisting in architecting customer solutions, performing on-site customer assessments, performing product installation, testing, troubleshooting and problem escalation, providing customer knowledge transfer, writing status reports and creating documentation for services performed.
The Implementation is goaled on quality of service as measured through Customer satisfaction, maintaining technical expertise in designated Microsoft product areas, and attention to administrative tasks.
- Candidate will be will be involved with planning, designing, and transforming environments from on-premises to cloud-based. The candidate will work closely with stakeholders to gather technical requirements, architect solutions and execute on deliverables.
- Troubleshooting – assist cross functional teams and internal customers to diagnose, solve and provide root cause analysis
- Research new technologies and trends in the respected competencies of Microsoft technology stack
- Work on cross functional project teams, and develop solutions to optimize applications and improve the overall end user experience. Plan, coordinate, structure, and execute complex tasks that involve multiple teams for day to day operations and project work.
- Create operational and engineering documentation for current and future state of customer solutions for storage and backup environment.
Technology / Microsoft Product Knowledge
A thorough understanding and delivery capability in the following areas of expertise is required:
- Office 365, SkyKick Migration Suite, Exchange to Office Migration
- Azure experience Required
- Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) - cloud-based user identity and authentication service
- In-depth knowledge and experience with enterprise scale Windows technologies such as Server platforms, Desktop platforms, Exchange Environments, Active Directory, IIS, Windows Clustering, Virtualization and Collaboration tools are required.
- Microsoft server operating system installation, customization and administration
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/R2, 2012/R2 standard and datacenter
- Microsoft Windows server 2016 standard and datacenter a plus
- Microsoft Hyper-V architecture, deployment and support
- Microsoft Active Directory integration
- Automated deployment of Microsoft O/S images and automated patching
- A following skills are a plus and will be required as part of ongoing training and certification:
- Microsoft System Center integration and deployment
- Microsoft Azure Stack integration and deployment
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication Skills
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills
- Results Oriented – Effectively manage a set of tasks through to completion
- Team Oriented – Ability to work effectively with diverse personalities
- Works Well Under Pressure
- Ability to work with and take direction from an assigned Project Manager
- Mature with the ability to work independently from home office
- Technical Writing (service delivery documentation)
- Microsoft Office – Visio, Word
- MCSA: Cloud Platform
- MCSE Productivity Solutions Expert (MCSA Office 365, MCSA Windows Server 2012, MCSA Windows Server 2016)
- MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (MCSA certification in Windows Server 2016, Cloud Platform, Linux on Azure, or Windows Server 2012)
- Experience and Certifications in Microsoft Certified Professional – Windows Server 2012
- Experience and Certifications Microsoft Certified Specialist – Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper V and System Center – a plus
- VCE - VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization
- Citrix - Experience and Certifications:
- Citrix Certified Associate – Virtualization (CCA -V)
- Citrix Certifed Associate – Virtualization (CCP-V)
- Citrix XenMobile Workshop
- Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop
- Citrix Netscale
- Accredited College Degree in related field
- 10 years+ related experience
- Works long hours on a computer.
- Uses a keyboard.
- Reads printed materials or from a computer monitor.
- Sits for long periods of time
- Occasionally lifts up to 50 lbs
Back to Jobs
Apply For Position
- General office environment