8 AM to 5 PM
Technical Program Manager of Professional Services
The Project Manager role at Synergy provides a unique opportunity for the selected candidate to provide critical oversight and leadership in managing the overall technical and successful delivery of commercial network operating infrastructure and advanced collaboration solutions and their related ongoing service programs in support of Synergy’s Professional Services team.
The successful candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, business acumen, analytical and entrepreneurial skills as well as strong administrative skills with strict attention to detail.
The Project Manager performs this role under minimal supervision for a wide variety of IT infrastructure project planning and leading functions essential to driving and overseeing the day-to-day progress of a portfolio of IT projects and engineering support needs for our internal and external customers.
The Project Manager works directly with internal and external customers from the start of projects through the conclusion by acting as the point of contact for confirming deliverables, coordinating resources, scheduling, monitoring progress, team communications to meet project expectations.
Job Essential Functions:
Provides the project management, leadership and accountability for the delivery of information technology solutions and services for the Professional Services organization
Participates in the full life cycle of the solution delivery. Works with a fast paced, multi-vendor, high performance team to successfully deliver complex information technology solutions in a controlled, professional manner to deliver highly availability infrastructures and related applications and systems for small, medium and/or enterprise customers
- Project Delivery: Work with technical team to formally propose technically feasible solutions / services and works closely with customers to implement Projects. Establish success criteria and act as the single point of contact for the customer for all Project issues and program deliverables during the systems design, integration, user testing and acceptance and production deployment.
- Provides project and delivery guidance on new and enhanced systems to support the growing needs of Synergy
- Facilitates discovery sessions to develop work breakdowns and work streams
- Develops and manages project plans
- Manages the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple small, medium and/or large scale portfolio of projects/initiatives
- Prioritize projects and resource requirement requests, manage project progress and follow through to resolution
- Provides status updates and communication to all Project stakeholders
- Manages scope and mitigates risk across projects
- Relationship Management: Work closely with Systems Engineering, Field Engineering, Service Desk, Sales and Senior Management to resolve operational, technical & business issues that arise
- Facilitates management reporting requests and integrating the requests into the information technology and operational deliverables
- Team Development: Identify areas of improvement that help scale the group, implement best practices, and improve overall methodology to deliver high quality solutions and services.
- Provides oversight and guidance to Professional Services staff to insure the appropriate level of support at both project team & customer levels.
- Coaches and mentors new project managers and contractors on the Professional Services delivery processes
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to efficiently plan, organize and coordinate a variety of activities
- Is well organized and plans ahead for project requirements, works at a pace that achieves the highest levels of quality work
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Consistently completes expected workload; is effective with anticipating time needed to complete workload
- Effective use of verbal and written communications
- Responds to requests in a timely fashion; provides accurate and consistent information
- Sets high standards of performance for self; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks
- Anticipates problems and initiates new and more effective ways to address them, despite obstacles and change
- Ability to work with a variety of communication styles
- Willing to work in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- Effective problem-solving skills that support and enable sound decision making
- Continuously looks for opportunities to improve systems and/or processes for improving productivity.
- Demonstrates flexibility during times of change
- Project Management skills (PMP certification is preferred)
- At least 5-7 years of complex multi-vendor solutions delivery experience including experience as a project team lead
- At least 5-7 years of experience with project lead experience with a proven track record of successfully delivering IT projects; experience working on and managing enterprise scale IT projects or equivalent experience is preferred
- Strong familiarity with project management disciplines and tools, especially as they relate to IT development/deployment for Enterprise software – MS Project expertise is preferred
- Prior systems engineering experience as an I.T. or Project Manager is a plus
- Prior experience directly supervising IT staff is a plus
- Knowledge of systems engineering best practices, network operating systems, distributed systems, accompanied by broad knowledge in a number of other technical areas (e.g. hardware, networking, security, software and system integration, etc.) is required
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office productivity applications including MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint
- Works long hours on a computer
- Uses a keyboard
- Reads printed materials or from a computer monitor
- Sits for long periods of time
- Occasionally lifts up to 50lbs
- Occasional travel to other Synergy, customer and/or vendor sites
Back to Jobs
Apply For Position
- General office environment