Cloud Solutions Architect
Mon - Fri, 8 AM to 5 PM
Rochester or Buffalo, NY
A Solutions Cloud Architect is an individual who is well versed in the understanding in the Cloud Services Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solution set. The role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to provide solutions to a customer’s technical business problem. The position requires a demonstrated ability of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Cloud practice.
The Solutions Cloud Architect provides technical solutions to new & existing clients, with a particular emphasis on Hosting Services and Cloud technologies. The role involves working with Microsoft Azure.
Responsible for actively driving and managing the requirements gathering and high level design process, working with direct and channels.
Using business process and analysis skills you will build a set of requirements in consultation with the customer.
Documentation will be to a high standard, as will your communication skills. Being able to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience is a key aspect of the role, together with an understanding of business needs and pressures in a commercial setting.
To Qualify For This Role:
- Hands-on experience implementing solutions using these technologies.
- Significant previous experience of requirements gathering and solution designs in a hybrid on premise and cloud solutions
- Proven experience with Microsoft Azure and Microsoft certifications
- A minimum 4 years of experience focused on cloud environments and their supporting infrastructures
- Work with clients to understand their requirements and design and document suitable solutions
- Manage client encounters including interviews, conferences and workshops
- Work with Sales team to articulate key benefits of Hosting and Cloud technology to clients
- Collaborate with the implementation/project team, articulating customer requirements, to ensure smooth transition from Sale to Delivery
- Keep up to date on technology innovation
- Architect, deploy & maintain Cloud solutions for (IaaS) Infrastructure as a Service
- Complement a high-performance team with your unique talents for innovative cloud solutions
- Participate in systems design to marry business needs with proper technology
- Ensure proper integration between a customer’s software applications and infrastructure architecture
- Ensure solutions are maintained for high availability, scalability, security, and supportability
- Oversee information systems security safeguards for these cloud solutions
Experience and Education:
- 6+ years of experience in a solutions architect or similar role; 4+ years focused on cloud environments and their supporting infrastructures
- Strong understanding of cloud computing technology and infrastructure as well as experience designing and migrating applications to the cloud.
- Experience supporting both Microsoft and Open Source stack – Linux, Jboss, Java etc..
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Deployments, Environment & Services (IAAS, PAAS, Virtual Machines, Active Directory, Automation, Monitor, OMS) highly preferred
- Experience in the design and automation of Infrastructure as a Service and Platform as a Service capabilities including virtual networks, virtual machines, cloud services, web sites, data services etc.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database systems.
- Experience hyper converged infrastructures
- Advanced skills diagnosing and resolving issues independently and as part of a team
- Continuous Deployment, Automation, Chef, Puppet, with open source tools (e.g., Jenkins) and Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) a plus
- Degree in Computer Technology or equivalent experience
- Information systems security certification a plus (e.g. Security +, CISSP)
- A passion for leveraging technology
- Microsoft Azure, Azure Stack
- IIS, .NET, Linux, Apache Tomcat, JBoss
- F5, Citrix NetScaler, DNS, Cisco ASA
- Hypervisor (VMWare, Hyper-V)
Must Have Considerations For This Position:
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Be able to pass a background check and drug screen
- Be a US Citizen
Apply to Position