Field Service Engineer (Buffalo)
Mon - Fri, 8 AM to 5 PM
Come join a great organization of IT professionals! If you are looking for a full-time position where you can utilize your existing IT skills, enjoy a hands-on role repairing HP and Lexmark laser printers, and want to work with our customer sites in the Buffalo area, then this is a career opportunity for you!
Our Field Service Engineers are the “fire fighters” of our organization who enjoy quickly repairing and reconstructing printers, small laptops and other hardware devices. Our Field Service Engineers install, configure and maintain personal computers, network hardware and software, printers, video terminals, file servers, data communication equipment and data and voice communications. They also administer hardware maintenance service contracts, purchase personal computer hardware and software and are responsible for assuring compliance with corporate computer hardware and software guidelines. One of the keys to success is the ability to listen carefully to the customer, understand the issues, implement the right solution and quickly fix their hardware and technical issues.
Great hours: Monday - Friday 8AM to 5PM
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Retirement - ESOP
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Job Responsibilities/Essential Duties:
- Perform hardware and desktop troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common computer software and hardware problems.
- Interface directly with customers to install and/or resolve system hardware and software failures, product performance issues and user quality improvements.
- Ensure compliance with company technical and quality standards/procedures as well as the highest degree of customer satisfaction.
- Escalate problems within parameters.
- Develop and maintain client relationships and identify opportunities to extend existing agreements.
- Communicate sales leads.
- Maintain effective communication with internal call dispatchers and with customers.
- Complete required documentation for all work orders and provide updates in real time.
- Work to completion.
- Ability to work after hours and weekend as required.
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not meant to be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management deems necessary.
Education & Experience:
High School Diploma or GED is required. Strong technical background required with 3 to 5 years of relevant industry experience. Valid NYS driver license is required.
Technology & Skill Requirements:
- A+ Certification and/or Network Certification required or the ability to obtain with employment.
- Knowledge of PC/Laptop hardware and Microsoft Operating Systems.
- In depth knowledge of HP and Lexmark laser printers.
- Working knowledge of multiple Microsoft desktop applications.
- Knowledge of utility tools, including virus applications and signatures.
- Basic knowledge of workstation backups and restores.
- Basic server hardware and operating system troubleshooting.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop or possess strong interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and internal staff.
- Work is often performed in a remote office setting.
- Ability to travel to and from customer sites to complete tasks.
- Required to perform after hours and weekend installs as required and scheduled.
- May be required to be “on call” at scheduled times.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to travel to customer sites.
- Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in operation of office equipment.
- Ability to speak to and hear customers and/or other employees via phone or in person.
- Body motor skills sufficient to enable incumbent to move from one office location to another.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Synergy IT Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, disability, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In addition, Synergy IT Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
Apply to Position